On the surface, it seems that losing weight is so easy. All you need to do is eat better and exercise, right? Well, the reality of it is that doing both of those things within your busy life is exceptionally difficult, and losing weight is even harder if you’re already overweight to the point of being obese.
Obesity involves much more than eating too much. There are physical, mental and psychological aspects that make losing weight even more challenging. This is why Real Weight Loss and Wellness is proud to offer The OPTIFAST® medical weight loss program.* A medically supervised weight program may be the only thing that can help someone desperate to lose weight but struggling with the process.
OPTIFAST® Medical Weight Loss
This isn’t just a diet; it’s a patient-centric weight loss program that takes into account more than just what you eat. This complete program takes into account your physical as well as your mental well-being. OPTIFAST® is a medical weight loss program, meaning you have a medical professional helping you every step of the way.*
The program usually lasts around 26 weeks and begins with a full meal replacement plan which eventually transitions you into self-prepared everyday meals. On top of that, you’ll be given a comprehensive education and support system to help you achieve long-term weight loss.*
How it Works
There are three main elements to medical weight loss from OPTIFAST®, and each tackles a separate piece of your obesity problem.*
- Dietary Therapy: Proper nutrition is a complicated process. The goal of weight loss isn’t just to begin eating better but to begin eating the right things at the right time. You have to negotiate a careful balance between protein and calories and fat and sugar. You won’t just learn what to eat; you’ll know why you should eat it.*
- Increased Physical Activity: Being sedentary is a major problem for obesity. Increasing physical activity is paramount to helping lose weight, but you need to learn what you can do and why you should do it. A major mistake people make when trying to increase their activity themselves is doing too much too quickly. We’ll tell you exactly how much physical activity you need and how you should go about doing it.*
- Behavior Therapy: A crucial, but often overlooked, part of losing weight is your mental relationship with food. It’s entirely possible to be addicted to eating and to be addicted to certain foods. We’ll look at your relationship with food and determine if we need to change how you look at eating.*
Each of these three legs accomplishes a distinct goal when it comes to your weight loss, but it’s when they work together that real change can be seen.*
Does it Work?
The OPTIFAST® medical weight loss results speak for themselves*
- An increase in dramatic weight loss*
- A decrease in blood pressure*
- A reduction in cholesterol*
- Most patients maintained more than half their weight loss*
- Most patients maintained medically significant weight loss*
If your health is in danger because of being obese, don’t wait any longer! Call our offices right away to find out more about the OPTIFAST® medical weight loss program.*
*Disclaimer: Individual Results May Vary.