Ever wondered why at certain times of the month your skin may break out? Your skin communicates what is going on in your body. Looking at the skin can give important indicators including dietary allergens, the presence of toxicity, and hormonal imbalances. If you take the time to read and understand the signs, you will be able to come up with solutions that not only improve your overall health but also restore your skin back to its natural glow.*
Decoding your skin with face mapping is a great way to understand what is going on with your body. Below are some commonly believed ailments that are associated with areas of the face.
- Forehead: Poor digestion due to toxins and lack of water
- T-zone: The nose is linked to the liver.
- Around the eyes: The skin in this area is connected to the health of the kidneys.
- Upper cheeks: The tops of the cheeks are linked to the lungs. Inhaling air pollution can contribute to this. Externally, though, bacteria on the surface of your cell phone or sleeping on a dirty pillowcase can be big culprits.
- Ears: The ears are also associated with the kidneys—breaking out here may signal dehydration. Make sure to drink more water throughout the day, and avoid consuming excess salt.
- Chin: Linked to the small intestine. Again, diet changes can make a huge difference. “One should stay away from dairy products and oily meals,” Shapiro said. Adopt healthier eating habits, specifically ones that include more fruits and vegetables, to keep digestion running smoothly and minimizing related skin problems.
For more information about skin mapping, contact a REAL Weight Loss and Wellness professional today!
*Disclaimer: Individual Results May Vary.